Bris Supplies to Pack:
- Gauze Pads 3”×3”
- Bacitracin or Neosporin Ointment
- 4 pampers
- 4 cloth diapers (or burp cloths)
- Receiving Blanket
- Firm Pillow
- Baby Formula
- Brit outfit
Before the Ceremony:
- No ointment or cream on Brit area 12 hours before the Brit Mila.
- Give a sponge bath.
- Baby should be WELL FED before the Brit.
After the Ceremony:
- Apply Bacitracin or Neosporin ointment on gauze pad and place on top of area at each diaper change for 2 days.
- Baby may lie in any position that seems comfortable (even on stomach)
- If baby is uncomfortable, you may give 1/2-dropperful (0.4 ml) of Liquid Infant Tylenol.
- The redness will subside in a few days. А soft, light-colored healing scab-tissue may form for several days. This is normal.
- The mohel will instruct you in every stage.
- If your son is a firstborn, remember to consult the Mohel about Pidyon Haben (Redeeming from a Cohen).